KER Kentucky B-Quiet
B-QUIET has been formulated to treat the symptoms of thiamine deficiency including hyperirritability and nervousness in horses.
Thiamine plays a vital role in carbohydrate metabolism and nerve transmission. Hard-working horses or those on high-grain diets may have reduced production of thiamine by intestinal bacteria because of stress or hindgut acidosis.
Thiamine supplementation has been shown to have a calming effect in individuals displaying undesirable behaviour due to a thiamine deficiency or increased requirements.
Why use B-Quiet?
- High quality thiamine formula to nutritionally support excitable and high-strung horses.
- Thiamine plays a vital role in carbohydrate metabolism and nerve transmission and can help to reduce nervous behaviour in horses.
- Thiamine supplementation may benefit horses on high-grain diets, those in heavy training and those with a thiamine deficiency.
- May reduce the risk of weight loss and anxious/nervous behaviour.
The following amounts should be fed daily. Mix well with feed.
- 30g -Nervous horses, horses on high grain intakes or in heavy training, and other horses showing signs of thiamine deficiency, for as long as signs persist.
- 60g – To horses for 2 days prior to a show or competition.
*These recommendations are for horses with a mature body weight of 500kg. Please adjust according to the weight of your horse.