Using a soft tape measure and having someone help you will provide the most accurate measurements.
You want your new boots to be a firm fit as they will stretch with time.
TIPS & TRICKS - Calf Measurement
- Take measurements whilst wearing breeches and socks (choose a similar thickness to what you most commonly ride in)
- Measure whilst standing or sitting in a comfortable position
- Hold the tape measure firm
- Take multiple measurements from both calves to ensure you have found the widest point - usually one calf is wider
TIPS & TRICKS - Height Measurement
- Take the height measurement whilst standing, barefooted
- Measure at the rear of the leg, from the floor to where the back of your knee creases
- If you're primarily jumping and comfort is your main concern, you may wish to take 1cm off your measurement
- If you're primarily riding dressage and wish to have the appearance of an elongated leg, you may wish to add 1cm to your height
- Keep in mind that new boots will drop 1-2cm in height